There are certain things that make action heroes completely badass. It’s a combination of swagger, strength, power to think clearly at gunpoint and most importantly, the ability to deliver a well-timed punch.
But other than their strong affinity for danger, what do they all have in common in terms of wardrobe sensibilities? Two words: leather jackets.
Whether it’s on screen at a high-speed chase or off-screen having an intimate dinner with their main squeeze, you’ll see that most action heroes always have a go-to leather jacket handy.
For first time buyers, the challenge lies in choosing the right kind. There are so many choices out there when it comes to leather jackets. To make it easier, we’ve prepared the ultimate guide to leather jackets for you with a hero overlay.
- Hugh Jackman solidified his action star symbol by bringing to life one of
the most sought after marvel character Wolverine. Here he is on the road with
- Chris Hemsworth is one of the many modern day
low profile actors. But when he signed
the movie contract to play Thor, it became increasingly difficult to imagine
him without that power-filled hammer. Here he is running day-to-day errandswitha
leather jacket REACTOR.
- Liam Neeson takes matters into his own hands when it comes to rescuing his daughter in Taken. His COASTER adds depth and a cool factor to his character.
- Jason Statham is just as easy on the eyes in a vintage caféracer (FRONTIER) leather jacket as he is in a tailored suit in Transporter.
- Ewan McGregor has played numerous iconic characters including Obi Wan Kenobi in Star Wars. In real life, he is a serial motorcyclist. When he’s not occupied with saving the Jedi’s with a laser beam, he’s off on long road trips donning his BRANDO.
- Tom Cruise is his own stuntman in every movie. He came to the Hollywood
scene and starred as Maverick in Top Gun and has never looked back since. Here
he is out and about in a
with vents and armour.
- Who can forget the abs-stacular Gerard Butler in 300? He’s often
seen around town and even on the red carpet sporting his
- Only Harrison Ford, eternally popular for his role as Indiana Jones,can rock a
reactor motorcycle leather jacket on a bicycle.
- Henry Cavill. Superman. Enough said.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is the all-time leather
ambassador. In his long journey as Terminator, he has virtually worn every type
of leather jacket there is. And you know he means it when he says, the same
thing he has been saying since 1984: “I’ll be back.”
We hope you enjoyed our list. Who else do you think should be on this list? Send us your comments and suggestions.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of leather jackets and get the action hero lookfor less.